- In C# the line ends when I type the semicolon. Allowing you to write all your code on one line of the need is required
- Features for VB.NET such as MVC are written and available in C# first then VB.
- Most third party control libraries that supply source code are in C# so any bug fixes you need to make will require C# coding
- Comments in C# are just better. Its easier to read them when not using Visual Studio
- Microsoft codes a majority of their stuff in C#
- You can more easily access the API from C#. No need for Declare statements
- Most C# developers can code VB but less VB developers can code C#.
Interested in Sitecore?
Apply for our Mentorship Program by emailing your resume to email@example.com. Check out our ASP.NET QuickStart and C# QuckStart Libraries. Below is my latest articles.
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Top 7 reasons C# is better than VB.NET
I know this is preaching to the converted but in case your boss or some other developers you know are still stuck on VB.NET. Here is a list of reasons why C# is better than VB.NET.
Posted by chrisw_88 at 8:47 AM